- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAlways buy scallops that are ivory or light pinkish orange resting on beds of ice and smelling like “the sea”; Never purchase those that are either soaking in water or even in vats of running water as this water more than likely contains tripolyphosphate, which causes the scallop to whiten as well as absorb excess water. Great for the seller since water is a lot cheaper than scallop meat, but not so great for your recipe or for your wallet.
- 1/2 Cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp Marjoram
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Pinch of Coriander
- 2 TB Lemon Pepper
- 16 – 18 Sea Scallops, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tb Olive oil
- 4 TB Flat Leaf parsley, Chopped fine
- 4 TB Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, marjoram, thyme, coriander and lemon pepper.
- Roll scallops in the flour mixture until lightly coated on all sides.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add four scallops and sear on both sides (About 1 1/2 minutes for each side)
- Remove scallops and place on a plate in a low oven to keep them warm until ready to serve.
- Repeat with remaining scallops
- Toss with parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve with Saffron Sauce
- Side it with Watercress Salad with Dijon-Lime dressing.