SEARED SEA SCALLOPS WITH MANGO-MELON SALSA
Seared Sea Scallops With Mango-melon Salsa
- Servings: 4
- 20 large, dry-packed scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated powder-finewith rasp grater
- Mango-Melon Salsa:
- 3/4 cup finely diced mango (1 mango should do)
- 1/2 cup finely diced cantelope
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced mint leaves
- Big pinch of chili powder (or substitute smoked paprika)
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Assemble the salsa and set aside to let the flavors meld and mingle while you prepare the scallops.
Tap the top and bottom of each scallop gently on the parmesan cheese, shake excess off.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is hot, add the scallops.
Make sure the scallops do not touch each other. Fry 2 minutes on each side, timing
depends on size of your scallops.
They should have a golden brown crust.
If you take a peek in the interior, they should be rare-ish.
They’ll finish cooking on their own from residual heat after you remove them from the pan.
Overcooked scallops are a sin!
The Mango-Melon Salsa is also great with tortilla chips, as a topping to grilled chicken, to serve alongside your favorite fish or shrimp skewers.