- Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 lb. sea scallops (preferably dry)
- 2 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbls. honey
- 1 Tbls red wine vinegar
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- Toss peaches, jalapeño, onion, honey, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and a pat of butter in a large skillet (preferably not a non-stick skillet!) over medium high heat.
- Wash scallops and remove any of the little muscles clinging to the sides.
- Pat dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Once your pan is very hot, add scallops flat side down, being sure not to crowd the pan. By now you've all watched enough Food Network to know to leave them alone. Resist the urge to touch them and turn them! Give the scallops at least 3 minutes to brown before you peek. If they are nice and crusty, turn them.
- Give them another 3 or 4 minutes to brown on the other side and remove immediately from pan. Trust me, the last thing you want is a tough, overcooked scallop!
- Arrange on plates and serve with a generous scoop of peach salsa.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More