- Cooking Time: 40 min.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tablespoons good olive oil, plus extra for searing
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onions (2 onions)
- 2 teaspoons peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, seeded and small diced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teapoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeno pepper to taste (1 pepper) *I leave this out.
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 2 tuna steaks
- Saute the olive oil, and ginger in a large saute pan over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the mangos, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes. Add the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and jalapeno; cook for 10 more minutes, until orange juice is reduced, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add the mint. Serve warm at room temperature, or chilled.
- Heat a saute pan over high heat for 5 minutes until very hot. Season the tuna liberally with salt and pepper. When the pan is very hot, add a drizzle fo olive oil and then the tuna steaks. Sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the outside is browned, but the inside is very rare.
- Serve the tuna on top of the mago salsa and enjoy!
- **for those that lives in So.CA. I go to Gelson's to buy the fresh tuna. You may also try Whole Foods Market.
NotesHere is another Barefoot Contessa recipe that is sure to please your loved ones.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More