- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 12 large sea scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh rosemary or thyme, finely chopped, for garnish
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and boil over high heat to reduce until syrupy, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Wrap a slice of ham around the wide, flat top and bottom of each scallop. If needed, place a toothpick horizontally through the scallop to secure the ham.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, and heat until shimmering. Carefully place scallops, ham side down, in the pan. Cook until the ham is crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully turn the scallops and continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks and transfer 3 scallops to each plate, leaning each slightly towards the center like a tepee for presentation. Drizzle with the balsamic mixture. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and the chopped herbs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More