- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 12 large sea scallops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh rosemary or thyme, finely chopped, for garnish
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and boil over high heat to reduce until syrupy, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Wrap a slice of ham around the wide, flat top and bottom of each scallop. If needed, place a toothpick horizontally through the scallop to secure the ham.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, and heat until shimmering. Carefully place scallops, ham side down, in the pan. Cook until the ham is crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully turn the scallops and continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks and transfer 3 scallops to each plate, leaning each slightly towards the center like a tepee for presentation. Drizzle with the balsamic mixture. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and the chopped herbs.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
Grandma's Thin PancakesSee More