- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 3 2/3 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt to taste
- In a saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil.
- Add rice and stir.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked and all liquid is absorbed.
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in remaining 2/3 cup water, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, basil and salt; heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More