- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups (about 2-1/2 pts.) sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 oz.) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- 1 baked 9-inch pie crust, cooled
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- Sweetened whipped cream(optional)
- Whole strawberries(optional)
- 1. Reserve 2 cups sliced strawberries. Mash remaining 1 cup sliced strawberries; add enough water to make 2 cups. Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan; stir in mashed strawberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add gelatin, butter and lemon juice; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Strain mixture; discard seeds,. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 3. Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons whipping cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Spread chocolate mixture onto bottom of prepared crust; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 4. Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon whipping cream in small bowl until smooth; spread over chocolate layer. Refrigerate filled crust while gelatin mixture is cooling. When gelatin mixture is partially set, fold in reserved sliced strawberries; spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
- 5. Cover; refrigerate several hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream and whole strawberries, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.
NotesI made this for the first time last Thanksgiving and took it to my best friend's family dinner...it was the favorite dessert out of 4! I've made it several times since, and everyone seems to love it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
The Social CookbookSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More