- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or to the temperature recommended on the cake mix package.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions, but do not bake. In separate bowl cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Line cupcake tins with cupcake papers. Fill 2/3 full with chocolate cake batter. Add 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture to the center, and top with more cake batter.
- Bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool and frost with chocolate or cream cheese frosting.
NotesA new twist on plain chocolate cupcakes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More