- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipes comes from the very talented Anna, a caker on Bakespace that has a food blog at http://www.cookiemadness.net/
These cookies are super delicious and make just 4 very large cookies.
- 4 tablespoons very hot melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg (break egg, mix it with fork, measure)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (reduce slightly if using salted butter
- 3/4 cup flour, spooned and swept
- 1 teaspoon water (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons white chips
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 ½ sandwich cookies, broken into chunks (can use nuts instead)
- Broken up milk chocolate bar, milk chocolate chips, M&M’s, candies of choice
- In a bowl, stir together hot butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar until smooth. If still very hot, let cool for about a minute, then stir in egg. Beat with a spoon until egg is fully mixed then stir in vanilla, baking soda and salt. Add flour and stir just until mixed. If dough seems too dry (falling apart), add the water. Stir in white chips, chocolate chips and broken cookies. Shape dough into a fat log of about 5 inches log. Chill for 1 hour. Carefully cut log into 4 equal pieces (each should weigh 3 ½ oz). If chunks of cookies and chips fall out, just stick them back onto the cut pieces.
- Place cut pieces, spaced about 4 inches away from each other, 4 to a sheet, on an ungreased (I use insulated) cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Remove from oven and arrange a few more semi-sweet chunks plus some milk chocolate chunks on top – the candy will melt and adhere to the cookie. Cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling and set.