- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 Onion
- 1 28oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Fresh basil leaves, diced
- 1 lb pasta (mini-penne)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1. Slit the casing of the sausage and crumble into your pan over medium heat until brown. Add onions, garlic and basil.
- 2. Add tomatoes, seasoning.
- 3. Let the sauce simmer for about 15-20 minutes (perfect amount of time to cook your bread and make your pasta)
- 4. Cook the penne. Make sure you salt the water before placing the noodles in.
- 5. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
NotesI went down to Greenville with the boyfriend a few weeks ago to visit a really good friend of mine from high school. She was working and allowed me to have free reign of her apartment's kitchen until she got home, which was a huge mistake. Pretending to be the culinary genius I really wish that I was, I decided that instead of some icky jar pasta sauce, I would make my own. It turned out really well, and I think I`ll make it again some day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More