- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz dark chocolate chunks or squares that have been chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- additional sugar
- powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375' F
- Lightly grease two baking sheets (or just use parchment paper and forget the grease).
- Stir together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Then add the chocolate chunks.
- Stir the vanilla and whipping cream into the flour mixture until just moist.
- Turn out onto a floured surface
- gently knead until the dough comes together. Divide into 3 equal ballsTake one ball and flatten it out into a circle....about 7" in diameter. Cut the circle into 8 pie shaped slices
- Place the triangles onto your baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining balls. Brush each triangle with the melted butter and sprinkle some granulated sugar on top.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes (I believe my scone clones baked closer to the 20 minute mark...maybe even a minute or two longer). You want them to be lightly browned.
- Serve warm and garnish with powdered sugar
NotesThis is a quick, easy, yummy recipe that I adapted from a Hersheys magazine. If you want different flavors, just swap out the chocolate for something else....blueberries and lemon zest? Almonds and orange zest? Let your imagination be your guide.