- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz dark chocolate chunks or squares that have been chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- additional sugar
- powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375' F
- Lightly grease two baking sheets (or just use parchment paper and forget the grease).
- Stir together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Then add the chocolate chunks.
- Stir the vanilla and whipping cream into the flour mixture until just moist.
- Turn out onto a floured surface
- gently knead until the dough comes together. Divide into 3 equal ballsTake one ball and flatten it out into a circle....about 7" in diameter. Cut the circle into 8 pie shaped slices
- Place the triangles onto your baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining balls. Brush each triangle with the melted butter and sprinkle some granulated sugar on top.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes (I believe my scone clones baked closer to the 20 minute mark...maybe even a minute or two longer). You want them to be lightly browned.
- Serve warm and garnish with powdered sugar
NotesThis is a quick, easy, yummy recipe that I adapted from a Hersheys magazine. If you want different flavors, just swap out the chocolate for something else....blueberries and lemon zest? Almonds and orange zest? Let your imagination be your guide.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More