- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1 T active dry yeast
- 1 T sugar
- 1 t salt
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Knead on floured counter for about 3 min.
- Place in oiled bowl, cover, and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat baking stone and oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide dough into 4 portions. (keep covered)
- On floured counter, roll out dough into 10 to 12-inch rounds.
- Transfer to semolina-covered pizza peel.
- Spray lightly with olive oil; Brush on sauce; top with toppings.
- Slide pizza onto hot baking stone and bake 10-15 min.
- * If you don't use all of your dough, you can put remaining dough into well oiled baggies and refrigerate for a day or freeze.
NotesThis is a great pizza dough! Today I made half artichoke heart/red onion and half pepperoni. The crust is soft, dense, and just a bit chewy. I really like it. It's very sturdy and handles toppings well. It's also quick to make and only requires a one hour rising time. The high-protein semolina flour really gives it a nice texture. It's a nice combination of flours.