- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- Unsalted butter for the pans
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium lemons
- cold water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- Makes: 5 dozen dainty drops
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter two cookie sheets.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Zest the two lemons into a large mixing bowl, then juice the lemons into a measuring cup.
- Add enough cold water to the juice to make a scant 1/2 cup liquid, if necessary, and set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the zest in the mixing bowl, and cream until fully blended.
- Add the egg and lemon juice and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix only until they are fully incorporated.
- Drop the batter by the level Tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes,until cookies are slightly firm but not browned.
- Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- Do not stack or store until cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More