- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 lb. ground meatloaf mix (pork, beef, veal)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 Tbls. soy sauce
- 3 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbls. tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- (a few dashes hot sauce if desired)
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saute pan, add onions and carrots. Cook about 4 minutes, or until just softened. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until just softened. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add meat, sauces, tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper. Add vegetable mix, egg, and half the bread crumbs. Fold ingredients together using hands or a spatula. If the mixture is very wet and sticky, add more bread crumbs and mix again. Continue until mixture holds together, but is not dry. Spread into a lightly greased loaf pan or rectangular casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
NotesI know, everyone makes their meatloaf a different way, and everyone thinks theirs is the best! I've tried many recipes, but I think I have finally figured out what I like the most. The trick is to saute the vegetable before mixing, so that all of the flavors are really enhanced.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Watt's Cooking in PA?
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More