- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 lb. ground meatloaf mix (pork, beef, veal)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 Tbls. soy sauce
- 3 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbls. tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- (a few dashes hot sauce if desired)
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saute pan, add onions and carrots. Cook about 4 minutes, or until just softened. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until just softened. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add meat, sauces, tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper. Add vegetable mix, egg, and half the bread crumbs. Fold ingredients together using hands or a spatula. If the mixture is very wet and sticky, add more bread crumbs and mix again. Continue until mixture holds together, but is not dry. Spread into a lightly greased loaf pan or rectangular casserole dish. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
NotesI know, everyone makes their meatloaf a different way, and everyone thinks theirs is the best! I've tried many recipes, but I think I have finally figured out what I like the most. The trick is to saute the vegetable before mixing, so that all of the flavors are really enhanced.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Jean’s Recipe File
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More