- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. of butter
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 11/4 c. of sugar
- 1 T. instant espresso powder
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- ½ c. all purpose flour
- 11/2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate morsels
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and the chocolates, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool (10 minutes).
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, espresso powder and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium.
- Add the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the nuts and the chocolate morsels.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake until the top appears dry, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
NotesI think this recipe came from Christina Ferrare who cohosted A.M Los Angles (the forerunner to the Regis show).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More