- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI think this recipe came from Christina Ferrare who cohosted A.M Los Angles (the forerunner to the Regis show).
- 1 c. of butter
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 11/4 c. of sugar
- 1 T. instant espresso powder
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- ½ c. all purpose flour
- 11/2 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate morsels
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and the chocolates, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool (10 minutes).
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, espresso powder and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium.
- Add the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the nuts and the chocolate morsels.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake until the top appears dry, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Enjoy!