- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breast halves ( about 1 pound )
- 4 cups bite-size pieces romaine
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ( 1 1/2 medium )
- Sesame Dressing
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- NOTE: Beat all ingredients with a wire whisk
- 1. Heat coals or gas grill. Cover and grill chicken 4 to 6 inches from medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when the center of the thickest slices are cut.
- 2. While chicken is grilling, prepare the Sesame Dressing
- 3. To serve, cut chicken diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Toss dressing, romaine, cucumber and carrots; divide evenly among 6 plates. Top with chicken.
- Success Tip: For perfectly toasted sesame seeds, use a heavy skillet to prevent scorching. Cook the sesame seed over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown. Because of the high oil content of the seed, I recommend storing in a cool, dark, place for up to 3 months or refrigerating up to 6 months.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
MidLife Road Trip's
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More