- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings (separated at joint, with wing tips discarded or saved to make stock)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oil in electric deep fryer or deep, heavy skillet to 375-400d F.
- While oil is heating, this is a good time to cut off the wingtips, and then cut the drummies from the arms, if you have whole wings. TIP: don't throw out the wingtips; freeze them to make stock later!
- Toss wings in a bowl or bag in 5-Spice to season.
- When oil is up to temp, fry in batches till done (approx 8-12min, depending on size).
- Pile fried wings into paper towel-lined lg bowl as you go.
- Mix together the soy and syrup in a separate bowl.
- When the wings are all done, remove the towels from the bowl and pour sauce over, tossing to coat well.
- Sprinkle generously with sesame seeds, toss again to coat, and sprinkle on some more for garnish.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesWho doesn't LOVE chickywings- raise your hand? Anyone? Anyone? NO? That's because there's so MUCH to love! Like, all the different ways to cook them! Oh, and eat them, too! Everyone seems to have their own chickywing-eating method, ever notice that? Serve with plenty of napkins and Tsingtao beer!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
The Social CookbookSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More