- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or dry sherry
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Sauce for Sesame Chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TB dark soy sauce
- 2 TB sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste, or more if desired
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups peanut oil for deep-frying
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce: mix together all of the sauce ingredients.
- Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
- To deep-fry the chicken: add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken.
- Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
- Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve the Sesame Chicken with fried rice.
NotesSource: Bean/ CK boards
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More