- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or dry sherry
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Sauce for Sesame Chicken
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TB dark soy sauce
- 2 TB sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste, or more if desired
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups peanut oil for deep-frying
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce: mix together all of the sauce ingredients.
- Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
- To deep-fry the chicken: add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken.
- Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
- Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve the Sesame Chicken with fried rice.
NotesSource: Bean/ CK boards
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More