- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 1.5 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 package chicken breast strips, cut into chunks
- 8 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 6 tbsp. honey
- oil for frying
- In a large ziplock bag, combine flour, 1/4 c. sesame seeds, black pepper, red pepper and Chinese spice.
- Place chicken in bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken into skillet and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and empty excess oil from pan.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken to skillet.
- Mix in teriyaki sauce, honey and 1/4 c. sesame seeds, and stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve over brown rice.
- You could also add sugar snap peas, onions, bell peppers or any other veggies you like.
NotesI got this recipe from a friend, it was AWESOME! And I can't wait to make it again!
***Tips: I marinated my chicken for about 4 hours in some teriyaki this really added to the flavor, I also made the Chinese spice using the recipe below. I used all that this recipe made, it was a lot more then a tsp. but it was really good!