- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ground white pepper (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry wine (or any fruity flavored wine)
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ cup water (or as much as needed to make batter smooth)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- a sprinkle of ground black pepper
- Cut chicken breasts into 1” chunks and in a glass bowl combine all of the marinade ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken and coat evenly. Cover and marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in separate bowl combine all of the batter ingredients and mix thoroughly. The batter should be thick enough to coat the chicken but thin enough to flow around the pieces. Set aside.
- Using a fork or tongs remove the pieces of chicken from the marinade and dip them into the batter to coat evenly (one by one). Deep fry the chicken in batches in your deep fryer for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. (or you can fry in hot oil at about 325 degrees in your wok for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown)
- In your wok combine the sauce ingredients and warm over medium heat. Bring to a boil while stirring and simmer until sauce slightly thickens.
- In the wok or in a serving dish coat chicken with the sauce and garnish with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More