- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbps clarified butter or olive oil
- 2 - 5 oz fresh halibut fillets
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup snap or snow peas
- Sesame Ginger Vinegarette
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Marinate halibut fillets in soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- Heat fry pan and add 1 tbsp of clarified butter or olive oil.
- Mix flour and sesame seeds together.
- Lay halibut filets in sesame seed & flour mix to coat 1 side. (skin side up)
- Sear halibut fillets, sesame seed crusted side down until seeds are toasted.
- Turn halibut fillets and place skillet in oven to finish cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining claified butter or olive oil in another skillet on med - high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of ginger and stir.
- Add carrot and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add snap or snow peas.
- Saute for another 2 - 3 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- Place on center of plate and top with halibut fillet.
- Drizzle with Sesame Ginger Vinegarette
NotesFound this recipe when I was searching on the internet for halibut recipes. See embedded html code for the video I found.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking for a Cure
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More