SESAME CRUSTED HALIBUT
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbps clarified butter or olive oil
- 2 - 5 oz fresh halibut fillets
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup snap or snow peas
- Sesame Ginger Vinegarette
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
Marinate halibut fillets in soy sauce for 10 minutes.
Heat fry pan and add 1 tbsp of clarified butter or olive oil.
Mix flour and sesame seeds together.
Lay halibut filets in sesame seed & flour mix to coat 1 side. (skin side up)
Sear halibut fillets, sesame seed crusted side down until seeds are toasted.
Turn halibut fillets and place skillet in oven to finish cooking for about 5 minutes.
Heat remaining claified butter or olive oil in another skillet on med - high heat.
Add 1 tbsp of ginger and stir.
Add carrot and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
Add snap or snow peas.
Saute for another 2 - 3 minutes until tender but still crisp.
Place on center of plate and top with halibut fillet.
Drizzle with Sesame Ginger Vinegarette