- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbps clarified butter or olive oil
- 2 - 5 oz fresh halibut fillets
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup snap or snow peas
- Sesame Ginger Vinegarette
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsalmic vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Marinate halibut fillets in soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- Heat fry pan and add 1 tbsp of clarified butter or olive oil.
- Mix flour and sesame seeds together.
- Lay halibut filets in sesame seed & flour mix to coat 1 side. (skin side up)
- Sear halibut fillets, sesame seed crusted side down until seeds are toasted.
- Turn halibut fillets and place skillet in oven to finish cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining claified butter or olive oil in another skillet on med - high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of ginger and stir.
- Add carrot and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add snap or snow peas.
- Saute for another 2 - 3 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- Place on center of plate and top with halibut fillet.
- Drizzle with Sesame Ginger Vinegarette
NotesFound this recipe when I was searching on the internet for halibut recipes. See embedded html code for the video I found.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More