- Cooking Time: 9–12
- Servings: 8‒10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 lg pot boiling water
- 2 lbs fresh snow peas
- 1 lg pot ice water
- ¾ cup toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 medium red onion, sliced rough against grain
- 2 medium carrots, shredded on box grater
- 2 medium red peppers, julienned
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Drop in snow peas for 20 seconds, drain and plunge into ice water.
- Skim the snow peas out of the ice water, dry and reserve.
- In small bowl whisk together the sesame oil, rice vinegar and soy.
- Add the ginger and garlic and whisk again.
- Lightly toss the chopped red onion in sesame oil.
- Place them on a sheet tray and put into a 400° F oven for 9–12 minutes, until they wilt and turn a bit brown.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- In large bowl, combine the snow peas, carrots, red peppers and red onion.
- Toss liberally in the sesame dressing and serve.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.