- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryVisit my blog for the full tale behind the dish! Inspired by Mark Bittman, the original version of this recipe is featured in How to Cook Everything: The Basics.
Serve this with Orange Sesame Grilled Chicken!
- 12 oz. buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/2 cup tahini (or you can use peanut butter)
- 2 Tbls. sesame oil
- 1 Tbls. sugar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 Tbls. rice wine vinegar (I use the Lite version)
- 1 tsp. Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (we are so addicted to this stuff!)
- salt and pepper
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbls. sesame seeds
- Cook soba noodles in salted boiling water for 12 minutes, or until just tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with 1 Tbls. sesame oil and refrigerate.
- Whisk tahini, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, and salt and pepper to taste until combined.
- Add a few Tbls. of hot water if it is too thick. You'll want it to be the consistency of heavy cream. You can refrigerate this also until ready to serve, but you'll need to thin it out again with more water!
- When you are ready to eat, toss noodles in tahini sauce and transfer to a plate.
- Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds and top with grilled chicken or tofu.
- Drizzle with remaining sesame oil.
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More