- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 min
- Broccoli - 1 head
- Olive oil - 1/2 tbspn
- Salt - to taste
- Sesame seeds - 1 tspn
- 1.Separate broccoli into flowerets
- 2.Put in boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes till softer but not mushy.
- Take out from boiling water and immerse in ice water.
- 3. Alternatively broccoli can be steamed in a microwave steamer for 1 minute or in another type of steamer. The idea is to cook a little but retain the crunchiness.
- 4. Dry roast sesame seeds on a griddle or in a pan till slightly brown but not dark brown
- 5. In a pan heat olive oil, add broccoli, stir for 2-3 minutes, add salt.
- 6. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the broccoli and remove from pan.
- 7. Enjoy as a snack or side
NotesThis recipe was told to me by my cook who had learned it from another house where she was working. Have tried it several times and always comes out yum. Great way to have broccoli.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More