- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Salmon filets (2-3)
- Teriyaki sauce, to marinate
- 1/2 c Tempura batter mix
- Ice water
- 1/4 c (or so) sesame seeds
- 1/4 c Panko (Japanese bread crumbs), finely crushed
- Peanut oil
- Marinate fish in teriyaki for minimum 1hr.
- Heat oil in cast aluminum fry skillet on med-high for frying.
- Whisk together tempura with enough ice water to make a THIN batter; don't mix per package directions as this will be too thick. You want a watery consistency.
- Blend together sesame and panko.
- Dip fish in tempura batter, then dredge in breading. If you are using fish with skin, I don't bother trying to bread the skin side too well as I don't eat it- FYI. You might like it, though.
- Fry fish 3-4minutes per side, til breading is golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving. I serve with a sweet & spicy sauce like TigerTiger Chutney or Sweet Chili.
NotesThis rentboy I cook for gave me a bag of sesame seeds, and this is what I made for him with it. He was thu-RILLLLED!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More