SEVEN LAYER NOODLE SALAD
- 2 8 ounce cartons sour cream
- 1 cup bottled Thai peanut sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 6-7 oz package rice sticks, broken
- 2 cups fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 8 cups napa cabbage or regular cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 medium daikon (1 cup), cut in thin strips
- 4 cups packaged shredded broccoli slaw
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
In a medium bowl combine the sour cream, peanut sauce, and ground red pepper; set aside. Prepare rice sticks according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water, drain well. Set aside. Cook pea pods, covered in a small amount of boiling salted water for 2 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Set aside.
In a 4 1/2 to 6 quart clear glass bowl or two 3 quart rectangular baking dishes layer the napa cabbage, rice sticks, pea pokds, daikon, shredded broccoli and cilantro. Carefully spread the sour cream mixture over the cilantro. Sprinkle the peanuts over the sour cream mixture. Cover and chill until ready to serve or up to 8 hours. If serving in a large straight sided bowl, toss salad before serving. If serving in a baking dish, use knife to cut through the mixture into serving size portions. Makes 12-16 servings.