- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Use 13 by 9 by 2-glass dish lightly oiled or sprayed with Pam.
- 4 small pkg. of Jello green orange, yellow, red
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 2 C milk
- 1 C sugar
- 2 t. Vanilla
- First layer; Green jello dissolved in 1C boiling water and 1/2 C cold water.
- Pour into glass dish and let till very well set (this layer takes longer because of oiled pan)
- Second Layer: Bring 2 C milk to a boil and add 1-cup sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Dissolve Knox Gelatin in 1/2 C cold water.
- Add this to milk and sugar mixture.
- Combine sour cream and vanilla and add to milk mix and beat slowly with electric mixer till just blended.
- When this is fairly cool put about 1 1/2 C of this on top of the set green Jello.
- Refrigerate till set.
- Layer on each flavor of Jello alternating with the white mixture.
- Be sure to let each layer set well before adding another layer (at least 45 min.)
- Never add any layer if the liquid is still warm.
NotesThis recipe is always a hit at summer picnics. It is a little bit time consuming, but totally worth it. It can also be made with SF Jell-o. It is VERY important to let the first layer cool for a long time, I'd recommend doing it the night before, just to make sure it is completely set. It is also very important that you do NOT add Jell-o while it is hot. It will ruin the layers.