- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Use 13 by 9 by 2-glass dish lightly oiled or sprayed with Pam.
- 4 small pkg. of Jello green orange, yellow, red
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 2 C milk
- 1 C sugar
- 2 t. Vanilla
- First layer; Green jello dissolved in 1C boiling water and 1/2 C cold water.
- Pour into glass dish and let till very well set (this layer takes longer because of oiled pan)
- Second Layer: Bring 2 C milk to a boil and add 1-cup sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Dissolve Knox Gelatin in 1/2 C cold water.
- Add this to milk and sugar mixture.
- Combine sour cream and vanilla and add to milk mix and beat slowly with electric mixer till just blended.
- When this is fairly cool put about 1 1/2 C of this on top of the set green Jello.
- Refrigerate till set.
- Layer on each flavor of Jello alternating with the white mixture.
- Be sure to let each layer set well before adding another layer (at least 45 min.)
- Never add any layer if the liquid is still warm.
NotesThis recipe is always a hit at summer picnics. It is a little bit time consuming, but totally worth it. It can also be made with SF Jell-o. It is VERY important to let the first layer cool for a long time, I'd recommend doing it the night before, just to make sure it is completely set. It is also very important that you do NOT add Jell-o while it is hot. It will ruin the layers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More