- Cooking Time: dependent (about 25 min)
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 4-6 large green bell peppers
- 1 yellow sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves (fresh or pre-minced)
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- Italian seasoning grinder
- olive oil
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/4 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 8oz package of sharp cheddar cheese, 1 8oz package of mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash bell peppers thoroughly; cut top off peppers (don't cut straight across, cut in a circle to remove core).
- Wash the seeds out of the pepper.
- Mix 1/4 cup of olive oil with Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Place peppers upside down on wire rack inside a roaster pan; poke multiple holes in the bottom of each pepper (this will allow water from the pepper to drain later).
- Paint the peppers with olive oil mixture and put in oven on 375 degrees
- Brown ground beef and Italian sausage and set aside in a separate bowl
- Chop onion, mince garlic, and chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Remove peppers from oven when they change colors and they are soft
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add meat to the pan and season with Italian seasoning (add a liberal amount of seasoning...trust me).
- After three or four minutes add the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add meat mixture to bottom of peppers, add cheese, and continue layering until pepper is stuffed.
- Sprinkle cheddar or mozzarella cheese to the top of peppers.
- Put peppers back in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy.
NotesCompliments of my sister.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More