- Cooking Time: 6 hours in oven -
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs lean beef stew meat
- 8 carrots cut in coin shaped (thick)
- 1 cup celery cut in pieces
- 5 to 6 potatoes (more or less) – cut in cubes
- 1 can whole tomatoes 20 oz
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 4 oz cooking sherry
- 3 tablespoon tapioca
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash pepper or pepper corn
- 1 package frozen peas
- Combine all ingredients except peas.
- Put in large kettle.
- Bake covered at 250 for six hours – stir once an hour.
- The last 20 minutes add frozen peas and bake uncovered
NotesMy sister gave this recipe to me several years ago. My sister and I would fixed it for my Dad, Mom, and Aunt Ann on Saturday while they were watching football on TV. After my Dad passed I moved in to help take care of my Mom who has Alzheimer's. Now when it is cold or snowing, we fix Shady Rest Beef Stew and talk about all the great times we had.
Submitted by: "Anita Henley"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More