- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ Cups softened butter
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Green food color
- In a smaller bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla.
- Gradually pour the dry ingredients into the large bowl and mix until all moistened. Add green food color until it achieves the color you want. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour, can sit as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface until it’s between ¼ and ½ inch thick. Cut into shamrock shapes and bake for six to eight minutes. Don’t over bake. Move to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cookies can be frosted or outlined in frosting but this recipe is simply delicious as is.
NotesEvery holiday needs a cookie to celebrate it, right? Well, this is the perfect St. Patrick’s Day cut out sugar cookie recipe. Just make sure you have a shamrock shaped cookie cutter. Make it for your kids, party guests, or yourself for a sweet, sprinkly
St. Patrick's Day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More