- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 small onion; grated
- 3 ribs of celery; minced
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- Salt and white pepper; to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of mace; ground
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco
- Lemon juice
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups total white crab meat and roe
- 1/2 cup of sherry
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion and celery until soft.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables, stir, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and a splash of lemon juice and simmer briefly.
- Add the cream and milk and heat almost to scalding, stirring constantly. Add the crab meat and roe and stir.
- Heat just long enough to warm through.
- Add the sherry and serve at once, garnished with paprika and chopped parsley.
NotesFresh from the harbor of my hometown, Washington D.C.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More