- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 small onion; grated
- 3 ribs of celery; minced
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- Salt and white pepper; to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of mace; ground
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Tabasco
- Lemon juice
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups total white crab meat and roe
- 1/2 cup of sherry
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion and celery until soft.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables, stir, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and a splash of lemon juice and simmer briefly.
- Add the cream and milk and heat almost to scalding, stirring constantly. Add the crab meat and roe and stir.
- Heat just long enough to warm through.
- Add the sherry and serve at once, garnished with paprika and chopped parsley.
NotesFresh from the harbor of my hometown, Washington D.C.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More