- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 30 grams butter
- 1 KG lamb or Beef cut into cubes and rolled in seasoned flour.
- 3 Onions quartered
- 3 Parsnips,sliced thickly
- 3 Carrots,sliced thickly
- 2 single sticks celery,chopped
- Meat or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- pepper and a pinch of sugar
- Heat oil and butter in a Large heavy frying pan and brown meat, adding a little extra oil if necessary.
- Push to one side and saute onions until transparent.
- Transfer to a heavy saucepan, adding bits left in bottom of frying pan blended with a little stock.
- Add parsnips,carrots and celery and sufficient stock to barely cover, along with parsley,herbs,Worcestershire sauce,pepper and sugar.
- Simmer on low heat or until meat is tender. Serve with dumplings.
NotesThis is a perfect Comfort meal for winter, and it has all the vegetables in one dish. I have made this often and is very popular by all. It has a real Australian Name to it. A Little bit of knowledge the word "Jumbuck" is the name they called sheep in the earlier Australian days.
The main meat used in this dish is lamb, but beef can also be used.
A Falcon Feast
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More