- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups conchiglie (small shell pasta)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 14 ounces tomato sauce, plain
- 14 ounces peas (do not drain)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a stick pot of heavily salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook until slightly al dente; about 6-mins.
- In the meantime, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic slices, stirring constantly so they don't burn. Once a light-golden brown, spoon out garlic and set aside.
- Slowly, add tomato sauce to pan, taking care not to splatter yourself with the popping hot oil. Add, peas with their liquid, herbs and salt and pepper to taste; stirring occasionally. Cook for about 6-mins.
- Once pasta is cooked to perfection, scoop out of water and transfer directly into sauce. Fold pasta into sauce. Remove from heat. Fold in about half the cheese.
- Garnish with additional cheese.
NotesThis is a family favorite going way back. It's quick, cheap to make and absolutely delicious! You can make a huge batch for next to nothing and feed the masses for days :) or divide it and freeze for later.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More