- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size organic sweet onion, chopped
- 1 ½ pound grass fed lean ground beef or lamb
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh organic rosemary
- 1 tsp. freshly ground organic GF black pepper
- 1 ½ cup frozen organic peas
- 1 ½ cup diced organic carrots
- ¾ cup water + ¼ cup
- 1 tbsp. organic GF apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. all purpose GF flour
- Sea salt to taste
- For the potatoes ~ 2 lbs. organic potatoes • 1 tsp. sea salt • ¾ - 1 cup coconut milk or rice milk • 1 tsp. organic GF sweet paprika • 2 tbsp. freshly chopped organic chives
- 1 – 2 tbsp. truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- For the meat ~ sauté onions in olive oil until soft, add meat, rosemary and black pepper and cook until meat is nicely brown about 5 minutes. Add peas, carrots, ¾ cup water and apple cider, cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Mix ¼ cup water and 1 tsp. GF flour in a bowl and add to the meat, cook for two more minutes, and season with salt.
- For the potato topping, while the meat is cooking peel and cut potatoes into quarters, add water and some sea salt into a pot and cook until potatoes are done. Drain water and add coconut milk, paprika and chives and mash.
- To construct ~ spread beef mix into 8 “ x 12 “ baking dish and evenly top with mashed potatoes. Drizzle with truffle oil and bake at 400 F for 30 minutes or until potatoes are slightly golden
NotesThis Shepherd’s pie is moist, oozing with delicious spices topped with a layer of crusty mashed potatoes and truffle oil. This is a low fat and dairy free version with extra veggies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More