- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds ground lean beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sauce mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper ( prefer more)
- 1 cup diced cooked carrots (only way I sneak this in the pie for my dd)
- 1 cup blanched peas
- 8 cups freshly mashed potatoes
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese, for topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make mashed potatoes.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add onion, ground beef, and garlic.
- Stir and cook over high heat until meat is brown.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, brown gravy mix ( such as Knorr brown sauce mix), water salt, pepper, cooked peas and cooked diced carrots.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread mixture over a large buttered oven-proof casserole dish.
- Cover with creamy mashed potatoes.
- For a nice presentation, Pipe the mashed potato over meat, using a pastry bag fitted with a large star tube.
- Sprinkle with grated Swiss cheese. Spoon melted butter over cheese.
- Baked at 400 degrees until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More