- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds ground lean beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sauce mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper ( prefer more)
- 1 cup diced cooked carrots (only way I sneak this in the pie for my dd)
- 1 cup blanched peas
- 8 cups freshly mashed potatoes
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese, for topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make mashed potatoes.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add onion, ground beef, and garlic.
- Stir and cook over high heat until meat is brown.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, brown gravy mix ( such as Knorr brown sauce mix), water salt, pepper, cooked peas and cooked diced carrots.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spread mixture over a large buttered oven-proof casserole dish.
- Cover with creamy mashed potatoes.
- For a nice presentation, Pipe the mashed potato over meat, using a pastry bag fitted with a large star tube.
- Sprinkle with grated Swiss cheese. Spoon melted butter over cheese.
- Baked at 400 degrees until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More