- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp no-salt-added tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup fat-free, reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- For the Topping:
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tbsp light butter
- In a large pot, heat canola oil on medium-low heat. Saute onions and carrots until softened. Turn up heat to medium-high and add beef; cook until no longer pink. Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, herbs and broth. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Add peas, then simmer 5 minutes more.
- Tip: If sauce seems too watery for your liking, combine 1 tsp of cornstarch into 1/8 cup of water and stir into beef mixture.
- While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of water to boil. Add potatoes, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain water. Add milk and light butter. Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Season if you like.
- Pour sauce into an 11-inch by 7-inch baking dish and allow to cool slightly. Top with potato. Optional: sprinkle with 1/3 cup reduced-fat cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serves 6.
- Per Serving (without cheese): Calories 322, Calories from Fat 67, Total Fat 7.6g (Sat 2.8g), Cholesterol 49mg, Sodium 260mg, Carbohydrate 41.2g, Fiber 5.7g, Protein 22
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More