- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, browned with garlic and onion.
- 2 cups canned or steamed veggies
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- This can be adjusted to your liking. It's a great way to use up leftovers. Chopped roast beef - even taco meat can work!
- Add a few tablespoons of water to a small casserole dish.
- Add cooked ground beef.
- Add vegetables.
- Add potatoes. Spread the potatoes over to the edges and seal over the veggies. This keeps the juices in. Cover with foil, bake@350 for 15-20 minutes, uncover bake 10 more. If you want to add shredded cheese add after you uncover it.
- I have been told its very good in a deep pie crust, though I've not tried it.
NotesI always had this at Venus Murrett's house. I don't know what was in her original recipe, but I think it was similar to this one. Of course hers was always followed by delicious homemade bengiets! Visits to her house always smelled like garlic immersed garlic, onions and flowery perfume. I spent many a fun day at her house with the grand kids. One time we had an enormous slip & slide...but that's another story.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More