- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef with least amount of fat (or left over meat)
- 1 garlic clove (or more if desired)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (if you don’t have tomato paste, use ketchup and omit sugar)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ cups beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp marjoram
- 3 cups frozen veggies cooked slightly (whatever veggies you like)
- Salt and Pepper
- lots of shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare Mashed Potatoes:
- 8 potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter (or to taste)
- milk (enough to desired consistency)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- In a very large pan, sauté onions, celery, and garlic in butter.
- Add ground beef.
- Cook until brown.
- Add tomato paste, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, beef broth, veggies and desired amount of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and continue cooking until liquid reduces (you don’t want it to be soupy but you want it to be moist).
- Put in casserole dish, top with mashed potatoes then cover with lots of cheddar cheese.
- Cook in 350’ preheated oven for about 25 – 30 minutes.
NotesI found several recipes for Shepherds Pie on the internet and just took what I liked about some of them and made my own thing. It's a family favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Growers' Giveback Potluck
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More