- 1 ½ lbs ground beef with least amount of fat (or left over meat)
- 1 garlic clove (or more if desired)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (if you don’t have tomato paste, use ketchup and omit sugar)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ cups beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp marjoram
- 3 cups frozen veggies cooked slightly (whatever veggies you like)
- Salt and Pepper
- lots of shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare Mashed Potatoes:
- 8 potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter (or to taste)
- milk (enough to desired consistency)
- garlic powder (to taste)
In a very large pan, sauté onions, celery, and garlic in butter.
Add ground beef.
Cook until brown.
Add tomato paste, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, beef broth, veggies and desired amount of salt and pepper. Mix well.
Cover and cook on low heat 15 – 20 minutes.
Remove lid and continue cooking until liquid reduces (you don’t want it to be soupy but you want it to be moist).
Put in casserole dish, top with mashed potatoes then cover with lots of cheddar cheese.
Cook in 350’ preheated oven for about 25 – 30 minutes.