SHERRIED TOMATO SOUP
Sherried Tomato Soup
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 46-ounce bottle of V-8
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken base
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt, if desired (I omitted this since V-8 contains enough sodium)
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley, 1 handful
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, or more if desired
In a large pot, saute diced onions in butter until translucent. Add canned tomatoes.
Add V-8, sugar, salt (if using), and pepper and stir.
Bring soup to a near boil, then turn off heat. Add sherry and cream and stir.
Add parsley and basil to taste.
Website Credit: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/