- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 46-ounce bottle of V-8
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken base
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt, if desired (I omitted this since V-8 contains enough sodium)
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley, 1 handful
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, or more if desired
- In a large pot, saute diced onions in butter until translucent. Add canned tomatoes.
- Add V-8, sugar, salt (if using), and pepper and stir.
- Bring soup to a near boil, then turn off heat. Add sherry and cream and stir.
- Add parsley and basil to taste.
NotesThis is a recipe that I modified from one found on The Pioneer Woman's website -- basically, I used V-8 rather than tomato juice, because V-8 makes everything more interesting I think. Either way, the results are equally delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cooking with Sabra
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More