- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 2 1/2 carrots
- 3/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jicama root, julienned (optional)
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Coarsely chop the red and green cabbage.
- Cut up the red onion, . . .
- Grate the carrots, . . .
- and cut (or chop) the cilantro.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss in a cranberry orange (or similar) vinaigrette dressing. I used about a 1/4 cup
NotesI got the idea from a local favorite restaurant. I fell in LOVE with it when I first tasted it, and even asked it the restaurant sold it by itself, as it was just a garnish for an appetizer they sold at the time. They no longer serve the baja slaw, so I was very sad to see it go, however I feel this is the perfect opportunity to perfect my own. Let's just say this is a slight variation or twist on 'their' recipe ;) I think this slaw is very versitile-by itself, as a side dish, as a salad, or used as a garnish if you'd like.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More