- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ inch sliced potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup sliced onions.
- 1 can red beans (or kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Layer in baking dish
- FIRST LAYER: ¼ inch sliced potatoes.
- SECOND LAYER: 1 pound ground beef (browned)
- THIRD LAYER: Sliced onions.
- FOURTH LAYER: 1 can red or kidney beans.
- FIFTH LAYER: 1 can of mixed vegetables (or 2 cups of frozen)
- SIXTH LAYER: 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Cover and seal with foil paper.
- Bake 1 hour at 425 degrees.
NotesMy family has a German heritage and my Mom used to make this casserole. I know there are different versions of it. One of the versions does not have mixed vegetables in it. A southern version uses pork and beans.
Submitted by: "Mavis Steinhauer"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More