- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ inch sliced potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup sliced onions.
- 1 can red beans (or kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Layer in baking dish
- FIRST LAYER: ¼ inch sliced potatoes.
- SECOND LAYER: 1 pound ground beef (browned)
- THIRD LAYER: Sliced onions.
- FOURTH LAYER: 1 can red or kidney beans.
- FIFTH LAYER: 1 can of mixed vegetables (or 2 cups of frozen)
- SIXTH LAYER: 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Cover and seal with foil paper.
- Bake 1 hour at 425 degrees.
NotesMy family has a German heritage and my Mom used to make this casserole. I know there are different versions of it. One of the versions does not have mixed vegetables in it. A southern version uses pork and beans.
Submitted by: "Mavis Steinhauer"