- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- ¼ inch sliced potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup sliced onions.
- 1 can red beans (or kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Layer in baking dish
- FIRST LAYER: ¼ inch sliced potatoes.
- SECOND LAYER: 1 pound ground beef (browned)
- THIRD LAYER: Sliced onions.
- FOURTH LAYER: 1 can red or kidney beans.
- FIFTH LAYER: 1 can of mixed vegetables (or 2 cups of frozen)
- SIXTH LAYER: 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Cover and seal with foil paper.
- Bake 1 hour at 425 degrees.
NotesMy family has a German heritage and my Mom used to make this casserole. I know there are different versions of it. One of the versions does not have mixed vegetables in it. A southern version uses pork and beans.
Submitted by: "Mavis Steinhauer"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More