- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryThis goes great with grilled pork or chicken.
- 2 cups fresh shitake muscrooms, stems discarded and top sliced
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet sake)
- 1/2 cup dark mushroom soy sauce
- 1/2 cup regular soy sauce
- 2 T. Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- In a saucepan, combine the mushrooms, miran and soy sauces. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from the heat and slowly stir in the Grand Marnier, honey and butter.