- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 large, very soft plantains
- 1/4 onio
- 2 tablespoons of Efia Shito
- 1/2 cup of flour
- blend the onions & plantains in a food processor (use the "Chop" option). Make sure that the mixture is not too smooth.
- Stir the flour & shito into the onion/plantain mixture.
- Add olive or vegetable oil to a deep fryer and heat until boiling
- line a bowl with paper towels
- Using your favorite scoop (e.g. ice cream scoop, measuring cup, your hand, etc.), scoop out heaping tablespoons of the mixture and drop into the deep fryer
- occasionally turn the balls to brown on both sides
- remove each ball when it's brown on both sides and fully inflated, dropping them into the paper towel-lined bowl to drain
- serve as a side dish, dessert, or just a great snack
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Jean’s Recipe File
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More