- Cooking Time: 35-45
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sticks sweet Butter
- 1c granulated Sugar
- 1/2c Brown Sugar
- 1/2c Black Molasses
- 6x-lg or 8med Egg Yolks
- 1/2c Buttermilk (or Cream)
- 3tblsp Cornmeal
- 2-8" Arrowhead Mills Graham pie crusts (or 1-9" deep-dish, any type)
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add yolks while beating until fluffy with hand mixer.
- Add milk, then cornmeal, mixing until blended.
- Pour into crusts; bake 35-45min, until very brown. Pie does initially rise, and can overflow especially in the 9" pie (so you may want to put a cookie sheet on rack below), but will deflate upon cooling.
- Allow to cool before serving for a firm pie. Serve garnished with whipped cream and crushed pecans if you like.
NotesYou will likely ALWAYS have the ingredients on hand needed to make this pie. You can sub the sugars listed for just about any combo of sugars, or use all one kind. And pour it into any kind of crust. Another classic from the lost art of "cooking-on-the-fly"!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More