- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ⅔ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup Crisco shortening
- Pinch salt
- ⅔ cup Maple, Pancake or Corn Syrup
- ⅔ cups hot water
- ⅔ tsp baking soda
- 1 eggs
- 1 (8") pie shell
- Use a big bowl and add the flour, sugar, shortening and a pinch of salt.
- Mix thoroughly with hands.
- In another bowl, add the syrup.
- Boil the water, add it to the syrup, then add the baking soda. Mix until liquefied.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs then add to liquid mixture.
- Take half of the crumbs and add to liquid mixture.
- Pour into the pie shells.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top of pies.
- Bake at 350° F degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More