- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- Crumb mixture
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/8 cup shortening
- ½ cup hot water
- 3/4 tsp soda
- ½ cup corn syrup molasses
- Combine the four ingredients of the crumb mixture, using hands to work into crumbs. Set aside 2-3 tablespoons of the crumb mixture.
- Line an 8- or 9-inch pie pan with pastry.
- Combine the three ingredients of the liquid mixture, and fold the crumb mixture into the liquid.
- Pour into the pie shell and sprinkle the set aside crumbs over the top of the batter.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for approximately 40 minutes.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at HomeSee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More