- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- Crumb mixture
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/8 cup shortening
- ½ cup hot water
- 3/4 tsp soda
- ½ cup corn syrup molasses
- Combine the four ingredients of the crumb mixture, using hands to work into crumbs. Set aside 2-3 tablespoons of the crumb mixture.
- Line an 8- or 9-inch pie pan with pastry.
- Combine the three ingredients of the liquid mixture, and fold the crumb mixture into the liquid.
- Pour into the pie shell and sprinkle the set aside crumbs over the top of the batter.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for approximately 40 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More