- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time:
- Crumb mixture
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/8 cup shortening
- ½ cup hot water
- 3/4 tsp soda
- ½ cup corn syrup molasses
- Combine the four ingredients of the crumb mixture, using hands to work into crumbs. Set aside 2-3 tablespoons of the crumb mixture.
- Line an 8- or 9-inch pie pan with pastry.
- Combine the three ingredients of the liquid mixture, and fold the crumb mixture into the liquid.
- Pour into the pie shell and sprinkle the set aside crumbs over the top of the batter.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees) for approximately 40 minutes.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Fueling a Firehouse
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More