- 3 pounds short ribs
- 1/2 cup House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, plus 2 more cloves chopped
- Beef Broth, plus more for roasting
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- White rice, for serving
- House Seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Season ribs using House Seasoning.
Lightly dust with 2 tablespoons flour.
In a Dutch oven, place a small amount of oil. Add the 2 garlic cloves and cook until lightly browned.
Add the ribs and brown on each side.
Add half water and half beef broth to cover ribs.
Bring to a boil.
Remove the ribs from the Dutch oven and place in a casserole dish.
Add the remaining garlic, salt and pepper, onions, and about 1 cup broth to the ribs.
Roast ribs for 2 hours.
Serve over buttered white rice.
For House Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.