SHORTCUT CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
Shortcut Chicken and Dumplings
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken, cubed
- ¼ cup margarine
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1 cup sliced, cooked carrots
- 1 cup (8oz.) dairy sour cream
- 1 can (7.5oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10-count)
- Chopped parsley and paprika for garnish (optional)
In a large heavy skillet, sauté onions in margarine until onion is tender.
Stir in flour and salt, adding flour a little at a time.
Slowly add chicken broth and hot pepper sauce. Stir constantly until thickened.
Add chicken, carrots and sour cream and simmer over low heat.
Separate refrigerated biscuits and cut each one in half. Place halves on top of hot stew and simmer uncovered for 10 min. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes more or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
Garnish with parsley and paprika if desired.