- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken, cubed
- ¼ cup margarine
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1 cup sliced, cooked carrots
- 1 cup (8oz.) dairy sour cream
- 1 can (7.5oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10-count)
- Chopped parsley and paprika for garnish (optional)
- In a large heavy skillet, sauté onions in margarine until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour and salt, adding flour a little at a time.
- Slowly add chicken broth and hot pepper sauce. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add chicken, carrots and sour cream and simmer over low heat.
- Separate refrigerated biscuits and cut each one in half. Place halves on top of hot stew and simmer uncovered for 10 min. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes more or until biscuits are no longer doughy.
- Garnish with parsley and paprika if desired.
NotesI got this recipe from my sister who swears by it. She said it is very rich and comforting on a cold/rainy day. I personally have not tried it yet but I think it would go together pretty quickly with one of those pre cooked chickens at Costco, or maybe even use some leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. I’m always looking for a quick homey type meal after work that goes together quickly and cooks while I get other things done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Get Fit With Good Food!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More