- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel), undrained
- 2 C frozen corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 1/2 t chili powder (!!!)
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 C minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes and green chilies, corn, black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil; stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in parsley.
- 1.5 C soup is 177 cal, 3g fat, 6g fiber
NotesI made this last night to eat for lunch this week. Actually pretty good...However there is alot of chili powder. Combined with the Rotel, it makes for alot of heat. If you don't like the spicy, I suggest decreasing the amount of chili powder and possibly replacing one of the cans of Rotel with diced tomatoes only.
From Light and Tasty
1.5 C soup is 177 cal, 3g fat, 6g fiber
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More