- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped vidalia or sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup grated fresh pecorino romano cheese; (could sub parmesan)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, heat 1 T. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 t. of salt and 1/8 t. of black pepper evenly over shrimp.
- Add shrimp to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 T. olive oil to pan. Add onion, garlic and red pepper; cook 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and shrimp; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 t. salt, 1/8 t. black pepper, cheese and basil.
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More