- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped vidalia or sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup grated fresh pecorino romano cheese; (could sub parmesan)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, heat 1 T. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 t. of salt and 1/8 t. of black pepper evenly over shrimp.
- Add shrimp to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 T. olive oil to pan. Add onion, garlic and red pepper; cook 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and shrimp; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 t. salt, 1/8 t. black pepper, cheese and basil.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce